- What is the difference between a "Fastpass" and a "Front of the Line" Pass?
You can get a Fastpass at selected rides in the Disneyland Resort and it is free of charge. It basically gives you a later time frame to come back and it holds your place in line so you don't wait as long.
A "Front of the Line" pass in a theme park such as Univeral Studios, usually has an additional charge, but it gives you exclusive access to areas not usually seen by the public. You also get front of the line privliges for all of the rides.
- What are my options for parking around the Anaheim Resort?
Spending the day at Disneyland? There are many structures and parking lots reserved for all day Disney parking. After you park, hop on the tram and it will bring you straight to Downtown Disney.
If you are just visiting Downtown Disney to catch a movie, eat dinner, or go shopping, you can park there for 3 hours free! Don’t forget to get your ticket validated at a restaurant to add an additional 2 hours!
Not driving? There are many hotels within walking distance to the Disney Parks. ART shuttles travel around the resort all day long. You can get an all-day pass for only $5 for adults and $2 for children.
Heading to the beach? Each beach has designated parking lots for all day parking at a flat fee. You can also find meter parking on the street all along the coast that take quarters and/or credit cards.
- What’s the weather like in Anaheim Orange County?
The average temperature is 70 degrees and you can find bright and sunny skies about 70% of the time. Check out the 7-day forecast here.
- What is the Tourism Tax for the State of California?
Anaheim Resort Tax: Varies from hotel to hotel, but usually between $0.50 - $2.00 per night. Please call hotel for current charges.
- What is the bed (hotel room occupancy) tax in Anaheim and surrounding cities?
Garden Grove: 13.05%
Buena Park: 12.08%
- Where can I find pet friendly hotels in Anaheim/Orange County?
View a list of accommodation features and amenities, click on the 'Pets' category to view all pet friendy hotels and motels.
- I need help booking a hotel online or I would prefer to talk to a reservation agent, who do I call?
For Online Reservations and Customer Service Call: 800-901-9655
- Where can I pick up a copy of the OC Travel Guide during my visit?
The OC Travel Guide, The Insiders Guide to Anaheim and Orange County, is available at the following locations:
- California Welcome Centers
- John Wayne, Orange County Airport (SNA) Information Center
- All area hotels. Ask your concierge or check with the front office staff.
- The Anaheim Convention Center Concierge and Restaurant Reservation Desks located in the main lobby area.
- Anaheim/Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau Offices located at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- See the digital OC Travel Guide from our website
- Download the OC Travel Guide App for your iPad
- Request an OC Travel Guide to be mailed directly to you.
- What is the sales tax in Orange County?
- Where do I find more information about regional and wilderness parks, nature preserves and recreational trails, historic sites, and harbors and beaches?
The County of Orange Resources and Development Management Department / Harbors, Beaches and Parks Division operates regional recreational facilities and manages historical and natural resources.
- Where can I find special offers and discount coupons for places such as restaurants and attractions?
Check out all the great deals to use during your visit, coupons and discounts are available now to print from your computer.
- Is Anaheim a suburb of Los Angeles?
No, Anaheim is located in Orange County. Orange County, California was formally organized as a political entity separate from the County of Los Angeles in 1889.
- Where can I find information on relocating to Orange County?
Orange County is comprised of 34 cities. To learn more about the cities of Orange County, go to Orange County Government Online or the Orange County Business Council business and career relocation resources.
- Where is Anaheim?
Anaheim is located in Orange County, California, 26 miles (42 kilometers) south of Los Angeles County and is easily accessible from LAX, Orange County/John Wayne, Ontario and Long Beach Airports.
- When does Disneyland decorate for the Holidays/Christmas?
The Disneyland Resort begins decorating around Thanksgiving and the decorations stay up until the first week of January.
- When is the best time to visit Disneyland® park?
If you want to visit during a slower time, plan on mid-week (Tuesdays - Thursdays) during mid-September through mid-November, mid-January through mid-March or mid-April through mid-May.
Visiting during these times may reduce your wait time for the attractions. However, keep in mind they do reduce their operating hours as well. There may also be fewer entertaiment and events, and attractions are more frequently closed for refurbishment.
If your main concern is having everything available to you the best time to visit is weekends, including extended hoilday weekends during Christmas and Spring Break or June - August. However, during these times the number of Guests is usually increased.
- What conventions and meetings will be in town during my visit?
Check our convention calendar or city-wide conventions for information on what trade shows, meetings and conventions are coming to the Anaheim Convention Center and the Orange County area.
- What is the cost to park at the Anaheim Convention Center?
Parking fee is $15.00 per vehicle per day with no in/out privileges. Rate is based on event type.
- How much time do I need to allow for the security checkpoint at the airport?
You can check airport security checkpoint wait times before you leave on TSA website.www.TSA.gov
- What airports are the closest to Anaheim and Orange County?
Four Airports service the Orange County area:
John Wayne Orange County Airport (SNA) 20 minutes, 13 miles/21 km to Anaheim
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) 50 minutes, 35 miles/56 km to Anaheim
Ontario International Airport (ONT) 45 minutes, 36 miles/58 km to Anaheim
Long Beach Airport (LGB) 30 minutes, 18 miles/29 km to Anaheim