At the heart of all things fun in Anaheim/Orange County is all of our entertainment partners, including the iconic attractions that put us on the map. And though these partners are about creating memorable experiences, they're still consciously creating a greener meetings and convention culture.
The Disneyland® Resort
The Disneyland® Resort continues to use innovative technologies and practices to conserve resources, improve air quality and promote recycling among its guests and cast members. Here are just a few highlights of what the different areas of the Disneyland® Resort are doing in terms of green best practices:
- Biodiesel Locomotives - The famous locomotives were retrofitted to allow them to operate on a much cleaner fuel called B98 biodiesel.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - The popular underwater attraction reemerged with innovative zero-emission electric engines.
- Guest Recycling Program - Guests who are observed recycling are selected to receive a one-of-a-kind lanyard and pin.
- Disneyland Resort Entertainment - Theatrical lighting resort wide was upgraded with energy efficient LED lights, lasting 10 times as long and using 75% less energy.
- Resort Backstage Offices - The offices will switch to new energy efficient printers with the capability to print, scan, fax and copy all in duplex, reducing paper usage by 50%.
- The Green Standard - The program encourages every Disney Cast Member worldwide to adopt specific environmentally friendly behaviors.
Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios Hollywood, the popular visitor destination located just outside of Orange County, implements several green practices including:
- The Simpsons Ride employs a hydraulic power system and efficient lighting
- 100% of all cardboard is recycled
- Eco-friendly cleaning products in kitchens/restaurants
- Solar paneling
- Cleaner burning diesel for trams
- Recycled water
Just south of Orange County, LEGOLAND California has the following green policies:
- In-Park Recycling
- Water Recycling
- Environmentally-friendly model cleaning
- Sustainable food packaging
- Diversion Gates for drainage
- Smoke free
OC Wildlife & Beach Tour
- "Green Sheet" on protecting the environment given to ecotour guests
- OC Wildlife & Beach Tour partners with "Every Monday Matters," picking up trash on Mondays in neighboring neighborhoods and beaches
- Protecting wildlife is an important role for OC Wildlife & Beach Tour. Educating visitors and locals while having fun and experiencing Orange County's beauty is part of the OC Wildlife & Beach Tour experience.